Thank you to Cedar Fair Entertainment Company for providing me with tickets to attend HalloWeekends, free of charge, for a future review.
HalloWeekends has returned to Cedar Point in Sandusky, Ohio for its 17th season! The park is now crawling with creepy characters setting out to scare people of all ages. For seven weekends total (HalloWeekends opened on September 13th), those who dare to visit can experience 10 walk-thru attractions, live shows and more in addition to 72 thrilling rides on America’s Roller Coast!
Zombie High School is a brand new attraction this year! For the first time this fall, teens and adults alike will be heading back to high school – but they’ll have much more to fear than flunking a math test. At Cedar Point’s Zombie High School, flesh-eating hellions and glassy-eyed teachers lurk in the halls and locker rooms, waiting for unsuspecting visitors. Every corner of the school, from the cafeteria to the chemistry lab, has been overrun by the undead.
Adults and teens can also take part in these walk-thru attractions:
- Blood on the Bayou
- Cut Throat Cove
- Eerie Estate
- Eternity Infirmary
- Fear Faire
- Maniacal Mechanical Screamworks
- Eden Musee Wax Museum Chamber of Horrors
Making it a family weekend with little ones? Cedar Point puts the “wee” in HalloWeekends with plenty of kid-sized thrills by day. Families can enjoy costume contests, trick-or-treating, a whimsical Halloween parade and more!
- Howl-O-Palooza is a brand new attraction to HalloWeekends this year! Join Howl-O-Palooza for a world of spooky, silly Halloween fun just for the little ones! This area is designed with the pint-sized ghouls in mind. Howl-O-Palooza includes: Magical House on Boo Hill (a fun house just for kids, Peanuts™), Halloween Show & Kids’ Costume Contest, Hay Bale Maze and special appearances by the Peanuts pals in costume!
- Trick or Treat with the Dinosaurs is also brand new to HalloWeekends in 2013! They roar, they chomp … they have goodies for you! Your children will love the trick-or-treat trail with more than 50 life size animatronic dinosaurs. (** Separate admission is required)
- Planet Spooky: The ultimate space for kids is Planet Spooky. This children’s area offers seven rides for your little ones. Fly into space with Snoopy, or see if you can beat the Kite Eating Tree. “Planet Spooky” is open Fridays nights, Saturdays and Sundays during HalloWeekends. Plus, Planet Spooky is open for Resorts guests and Platinum Passholders for Early Entry, one hour prior to park opening.
- Monster Midway Invasion Celebration: Friendly monsters and characters take over the Cedar Point Main Midway with dancing, parade floats and music. This is a great photo opportunity for the whole family!
There are also plenty of shows to enjoy and delicious treats to taste all throughout the park! Here is a picture of my girls last year during HalloWeekends ~ looking forward to our visit in a couple of weeks!
Cedar Point’s HalloWeekends … By the Numbers:
- 10 walk-thru attractions
- 6 live shows
- 60 performers and 60 parade characters
- 300 terrifying Screamsters
- 20 makeup artists who transform them all in 4 hours
- 450 prosthetics molded from characters at Knott’s Berry Farm HAUNT
- 4,500 square feet of bodies encased in wax in the Eden Musee Haunted House
- 67,200 corn stalks
- 800 pumpkins
- 400 gourds
- 96 bushel baskets
- 4 weeks of building construction
- 12 months in the making
- 196 hours of thrills
Buy It! You can purchase tickets here for as low as $38.99!