Thank you to Nickelodeon for providing me with a DVD copy of Patrick SquarePants, free of charge, for review. These are my own honest opinions.
SpongeBob SquarePants always seems to be in the spotlight on his self-named cartoon, but move over yellow guy! Patrick SquarePants is in town! Join SpongeBob, Patrick and all of their other Bikini Bottom pals in this great DVD that features Patrick, Patrick and more Patrick!
This DVD gives Patrick (and SpongeBob) fans 14 Patrick-centric episodes ~ that’s more than 3 hours of Bikini Bottom fun! For SpongeBob fans such as my two oldest girls, this is heaven on a disc. They have always been partial to Patrick anyhow, so the fact that these episodes all revolve around SpongeBob’s BFF thrilled them. “I’m with Stupid” is one of our long-time absolute favorite episodes, so we were excited to see this on the DVD. Some of the episodes have been seen on previous SpongeBob DVD collections, but that didn’t make them any less special to us! This hits store shelves on January 14th, so mark your calendars (or keep reading to see how you can win your own copy!)
Enjoy fourteen Star-centric episodes featuring best buddies SpongeBob and Patrick in SpongeBob and Friends:Patrick SquarePants. Buckle up for a bubbly ride with over three hours of laughs in school, at work and at play with Patrickand SpongeBob including the celebration of Best Friends Day. It’s a treasure for any SpongeBob SquarePants fan with favorite episodes, cover art chosen by the fans themselves, and collectible packaging, while supplies last. Created by Nickelodeon Home Entertainment and distributed by Paramount Home Media Distribution, SpongeBob and Friends: Patrick SquarePants will be released on DVD onJanuary 14, 2014 for the suggested retail price of $14.99. Also look out for additional “SpongeBob and Friends” DVD releases featuring additional popular characters coming soon.
Get this DVD and more of SpongeBob SquarePants on iTunes at iTunes.com/SpongeBob.
SpongeBob and Friends: PatrickSquarePants Episode Synopses:
- Big Pink Loser ~ Patrick feels like he hasn’t accomplished anything with his life and he decides to take SpongeBob on as his role model.
- The Secret Box ~ Patrick has a box and he won’t show SpongeBob what’s inside of it because it’s a secret. SpongeBob can’t believePatrick would keep something from him and he pretends not to care what’s inside the box, but secretly it’s driving him crazy.
- I’m With Stupid ~ When Patrick’s parents come over for Starfish Day, Patrick gets upset that they still think he isn’t very smart.
- New Student Starfish ~ It’s another day of boating school for SpongeBob, and this time, Patrick wants to come along too.
- Dunces and Dragons ~ After a freak jousting accident at a Medieval Times restaurant, SpongeBob and Patrick are transported to a medieval version of Bikini Bottom. The two are mistaken for great knights, and soon they are entrusted with the quest of saving King Krabs’ daughter, Princess Pearl, from the clutches of the evil wizard Lord Plankton. To keep them company, the King sends along Squidward, the court jester.
- Patrick SmartPants ~ During a day of jelly fishing, Patrick gets conked on the head and loses consciousness. When he awakes, the starfish is suddenly speaking in complete sentences – and making sense! Patrick is now not only smart, but brilliant.
- That’s No Lady ~ misunderstanding over a vacation getaway advertisement causes Patrick to think he must “get out of town” or face dire consequences. SpongeBob can’t bear the thought of his best buddy moving away, so he decides to do what he can to hidePatrick’s identity from his “pursuers.”
- Driven to Tears ~ SpongeBob has failed his driving test – again. Patrick is so outraged by the injustice of it all that he storms into the testing facility and takes the test to prove that it is an unfair test and impossible to pass. Unfortunately, Patrick’s plan backfires.
- The Gift of Gum ~ It’s Best Friends Day and SpongeBob and Patrick trade Best Friend presents.
- Karate Star ~ Patrick learns just enough karate to wreak havoc in Bikini Bottom.
- Big Sister Sam ~ Patrick’s big sister Samantha comes for a visit.
- Squidward’s School for Grown Ups ~ When Patrick suddenly grows a very grown-up beard, he decides it’s time to act like a grown-up and perhaps Squidward is the perfect squid to help him.
- The Googly Artiste ~ Patrick tries desperately to supply everyone in Bikini Bottom with his highly demanded “rocks-with-googly-eyes,” after an art critic deems him a true artiste.
- Pet Sitter Pat ~ The night before the big school dance, Mr. Krabs asks SpongeBob to help Pearl get rid of a barnacle on her face.
SpongeBob and Friends: Patrick SquarePants Fast Facts:
Street Date: January 14, 2014
DVD SRP: $14.99
Running Time: Approximately 192 Minutes
Nickelodeon, now in its 34th year, is the number-one entertainment brand for kids. It has built a diverse, global business by putting kids first in everything it does. The company includes television programming and production in the United States and around the world, plus consumer products, online, recreation, books, and feature films. Nickelodeon’s U.S. television network is seen in almost 100 million households and has been the number-one-rated basic cable network for 18 consecutive years. For more information or artwork, visit www.nickpress.com. Nickelodeon and all related titles, characters and logos are trademarks of Viacom Inc. (NASDAQ: VIA, VIAB).
About Paramount Home Media Distribution
Paramount Home Media Distribution (PHMD) is part of Paramount Pictures Corporation (PPC), a global producer and distributor of filmed entertainment. PPC is a unit of Viacom (NASDAQ: VIAB, VIA), a leading content company with prominent and respected film, television and digital entertainment brands. The PHMD division oversees PPC’s home entertainment, digital and television distribution activities worldwide. The division is responsible for the sales, marketing and distribution of home entertainment content on behalf of Paramount Pictures, Paramount Animation, Paramount Vantage, Paramount Classics, Insurge Pictures, MTV, Nickelodeon, Comedy Central and CBS and for providing home entertainment fulfillment services for certain DreamWorks Animation Home Entertainment titles. PHMD additionally manages global licensing of studio content and distribution across worldwide digital and television distribution platforms including online, mobile and portable devices and emerging technologies.