Thank you to Lysol for providing me with Disinfecting Wipes and Lysol Power & Free Multi-Purpose Cleaner, free of charge, for review. These are my own honest opinions.
Okay, yes, this is our Spoiled Mom event and while a true spoiled mom would be able to sit in the sun and sip on some iced tea while someone else cleans their house, it most likely isn’t happening. At least not for this mom. And the fact remains that most likely you’re the one who is going to be cleaning the house, so if that is the case, at least you should spoil yourself by using products that are going to do a fabulous job for you and easily!
Lysol is a brand name that most people know and trust – and there is no reason not to!
Lysol Disinfecting Wipes will help keep your family thriving and healthy year round by helping to prevent the spread of germs from one person to another. Lysol Disinfecting Wipes are designed to kill 99.9% of viruses and bacteria throughout your home. Cleaning with soap and water removes dirt, however, disinfecting kills germs on hard surfaces, providing additional protection for your family.
As part of its Mission for Health, Lysol is committed to doing more by providing better cleaning products and hygiene solutions to help keep homes clean and healthy. It’s a mission fueled by a passion for health and backed by an expertise in germ kill; Lyso has been a trusted leader in the field of health and hygiene for more than 100 years.
There are several things that I really love about the Lysol Disinfecting Wipes. They are nice and strong and don’t feel like you need more than one for a great clean. I love how handy they are ~ I keep a container on each floor of my house so that I can easily disinfect bathrooms, mostly. I have used them on counter tops, sinks, bath tubs, showers, door knobs, light switches and even on bathroom cabinets. My entire household was subjected to the nasty stomach virus that hit a lot of people hard this spring, so I was happily disinfecting absolutely everything when these wipes arrived! Did you know that cold & flu viruses can live on surfaces for up to 48 hours?! Gross.
The Lysol Power & Free cleanser was really awesome. I have honestly been searching for a great multi-purpose cleanser to use in my bathrooms, specifically, and this really fit the bill. The scent wasn’t overwhelming as most are. It also left my surfaces feeling really clean and smooth – not gritty and as if residue was left behind. Big plus. I actually didn’t even wear gloves when using this product and felt okay with that. It did a fabulous job on our bathtub and that is exactly what I was hoping the outcome would be!
How about this Spotless Spring Cleaning Checklist from Lysol?
Spotless Spring Cleaning Checklist:
- Date Yourself: Set time in your smartphone calendar to hold yourself accountable for cleaning and reorganizing. This amount of time will be different for everyone depending on how much there is to get done, but book at least 15-30 minutes a day to start. Hold yourself accountable for the spring cleaning tasks you want to accomplish and get them done!
- Touchy Feely: Most of us don’t think of all of the things we are touching on a regular basis and yet seldom clean. Disinfect commonly touched surfaces like doorknobs, computer keyboards, remote controls and light switches, with LYSOL Disinfecting Wipes to remove 99.9% of germs.
- Donate: Start a donation bag and throw items in as a way to cut down on clutter around the home. Consider rewarding your children when they donate as a way to teach them responsibility with a great outcome.
- Down and Dirty: Hone in on the quick, small chores that you’ve been brushing aside all year, saying, “I’ll get to that later!” Examples include cleaning underneath heavy furniture to get rid of dust and lost bits of food, and wiping down the outdoor grill.
- Tidy Tubs: Prevent the reappearance of mildew and soap scum in the bathroom by wiping down the tub and glass doors after every use, or replace your basic showerhead with a detachable handle so you can easily spray it down. For the wipe down, a microfiber cloth works wonders! Just keep it nearby and wipe. The 20 seconds it takes to do this will save hours of deep scrubbing later.
- Trash the Trash: Make sure you throw out anything that could count as trash to start making room for the important things you want in your home. You should be throwing away trash every day and not letting it build up. Make it a habit to spray and wipe down your trash bin with LYSOL Power & Free Multi-Purpose Cleaner Trigger every time you take the trash out to prevent mildew and smells.
- Look Down: How are those floors looking? A little grimy? To maintain spotless floors, instil a “no shoes” policy in your home. Passing a small vacuum over your floors daily will prevent dust bunnies from multiplying – and don’t forget about those hard to reach places where dust, germs and hair collect.
Overall I was very pleased with both of these products and will absolutely purchase them when we run out!
Latest posts by Megan (see all)
- Diaper Rash? No more mess with the Baby BUM Brush! - October 5, 2015
- DIY Minnie Mouse Cozy Coupe Transformation - October 5, 2015
- Keeping Kiddos Safe with the Kids Safe Driveway Guard from One Step Ahead - September 30, 2015